Today, we live in a world that is filled with food messages, designed to make us eat more. As a result, we are enticed to eat, even when we are not hungry. We are unconsciously overeating processed food high in sugar, fat, salt and left with a feeling of bloating and discomfort.
Overeating during the Chinese New Year period is a common occurrence due to the vast amount of food and the duration of festivities over the 7-day period. During the Chinese New Year, in most circumstances people overeat when they are engaged in cultural events like dining out or visiting friends and relatives.
Plan your meals to prevent bloating and discomfort
Making a dietary plan over the Chinese New Year is the best way forward to avoid bloating and stomach pain or discomfort. Why not start today, you can plan to subtle changes to what you eat and still enjoy your events without wanting to lie down or reach for a quick fix remedy.
Six tips on how to minimise bloating on Chinese New Year
- Eat slowly so your body senses you’re full: We consume food faster than it takes our brain to realise we are full. Chewing and eating slowly will give your body a timely reminder that you’re full.
- Minimise the amount of sticky rice foods: Sticky rice is high in starch and takes longer to digest than other white rice varieties. (source: Smithsonian.com)
- Eat smaller portions: yes, this seems easier to say than it looks, but remember that Chinese New Year is 7 days long, so you need to spread you’re eating to smaller portions.
- Avoid eating too many dumplings: Wheat used for making dumplings causes bloating, so try to only have smaller servings of dumplings.
- Minimise carbonated drinks: Beer and soft drinks cause bloating of the stomach due to the carbonation process. Beer also has carbohydrate and will increase bloating.
- Minimise eating too much deep fried foods: When we eat fried food, the sheer volume of fat puts a lot of pressure on our digestive system, fat is slowly digested and it requires enzymes and digestive juices, like bile and stomach acid, to break it down
Poor gut health symptoms include pain in the upper abdomen, loss of appetite, bloating, nausea, vomiting and a feeling of fullness after eating.
The best advice is to manage your gut health with a long term plan and incorporate a healthy gut solution into your daily lifestyle. Quick fix remedies that give you fast relief, will only result in your gut pain re-occurring later.
Your best remedy is a carefully thought out plan, that includes healthy lifestyle and taking natural supplements to balance your gut throughout the week.
Nutrition Care (NC) provides natural healthcare formulations that takes care of your gut. The good news is, you can simply introduce our products into your daily life. NC Gut Relief is a complete nutritional/herbal formula that supports your gastrointestinal system.
NC Gut Relief powder consists of natural ingredients including Glutamine, Curcumin, Aloe Vera, Peppermint Oil, Slippery Elm and Prebiotics and comes in a 150g container as well as sachets for added convenience, is easy to take and has many gut health benefits including:
- Relief of mild digestive disorders, including bloating, feeling of fullness and reflux
- Helps to soothe mild inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract
- Maintaining healthy gut integrity and function
NC Gut Relief is suitable for people with Gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining), people wanting to maintain optimal digestive function, bloating, belching and abdominal pain or discomfort.
Taking NC Gut Relief will get you on the road to feeling great and help you plan your healthy gut and make it a part of your daily routine. Find out more about NC Gut Relief here.
NC Gut Relief is available from Priceline Pharmacies